Software Engineer I/II
Stellartech is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Team.
- Develop complete software modules that are integrated into product software, typically operating in a real time environment. Code development to consider module requirements, as well as variable types, use of global vs. local variables, data pass-through requirements, data integrity and boundary conditions for module.
- Perform object-oriented programming, e.g. the ability to construct objects with data fields and the rules that operate on the data fields. Able to assess performance and debug operation of one or more objects integrated into the software structure, relative to the object and overall system requirements and restrictions.
- Program in C and C++ programming languages. Perform coding, testing, debugging, and documentation throughout the application development process, in a manner consistent with medical product software development. Familiarity with other programming languages, such as Java and Python is also desired.
- Develop software code that is compatible with the requirements of operating systems commonly used by Stellartech, including St-RTOS, Micro COS and St-Linux.
- Write code that interfaces with system hardware such as LCDs, touch panels, A/D converters, multiplexers, FPGAs, EEPROMs, and other addressable devices using various bus schemes, including I2C, 1-wire, SPI, ISA, PCI, and USB. Also able to code using alternate interface and communication protocols (e.g. UART and RS232).
- Assess and perform Software Verification (Code Reviews) of modules written by other team members.
- Assess and perform Software Validation of code written by other team members.
- Design and implement process and utility software for test fixtures and product support.
- Review and develop Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Software Design Specifications (SDS) for product software.
- Develop formal test protocols for software specifications.
- Comply with standard operating procedure for software development and familiarity with software development and maintenance regulatory requirements, e.g. IEC 62304.
Skills & Qualifications:
Typically requires a BS degree in Computer Science. At least 4 years of Computer Science experience. Medical Device experience is desired.
To inquire about these opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com